This is the classic American buttercream recipe. The consistency can be adjusted to the requirement, i.e. if you want to cover a cake, it should be soft, so add a bit more liquid (milk or water) but if you want to pipe flowers then, it should be hard (you can omit the liquid).
- 750g buttercream
- 250g salted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 table spoon milk or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter until soft and creamy.
- Add icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix until all combined.
- Add milk or water little by little while mixing unit desired consistency is achieved.